The cover with limits up to USD 2 million is available to Shipowners, Charterers and Operators.
Cover and services under this policy include:
- Cover for legal expenses incurred in defending or pursuing uninsured claims and disputes;
- Defence against and pursuing contractual claims;
- Defence against and pursuing claims from or on third parties;
- Assistance in recovering sums due, such as freight and demurrage;
- Appointing solicitors, experts, consultants and surveyors, if required.
Apart from and in addition to providing defence insurance cover, DUPI Shipping Defence offers its services on a fee basis. This includes claims handling, charter party and bill of lading review and ad hoc advice on disputes between clients and opponents. Defence Consultancy provides advice; it does not cover legal expenses incurred in defending or pursuing claims and disputes.
Terms & Conditions
Please send us an e-mail for our current terms and conditions.